Since this is my first time posting I will introduce myself. I am Jennifer Hartman. I have a BFA in Studio Art, my emphasis was painting and digital media. After earning my degree I chose an alternative certification program and I am certified to teach Visual Art K-12. I taught middle school art for 3 years before beginning work on my Masters degree in Art Education with my research area in curriculum integration.

For our Visual Arts Wednesday post today I thought I would share some lesson planning resources with you for creating integrated units for your students. For myself I felt totally comfortable integrating some disciplines into my lesson plans (like math and science) because they were subjects that I knew a lot about. But there were other areas (like music and theater) that I avoided entirely, or I integrated on a very surface level because I did not have a deep understanding of the subject matter myself. These resources are places where you can go and find lesson plan ideas from the different arts and bring those ideas back and incorporate them into the visual arts classroom.

I hope you find them useful!

General Arts Integration:

ArtsEdge - the National Arts and Education Network

ArtsWork

AEP - Arts Education Partnership

Music Integration:

MENC: The National Association for Music Education

Play Me a Picture -Integrating Music and Art

Theater Integration:

EdTA - Educational Theater Association

Dance Integration:

NDA - National Dance Association

Visual Arts Integration:

The Getty

NAEA - National Art Education Association

Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments, it will help me decide on topics for future posts!